Photographic collections are wonderful for the avid photographer or even the appreciative art viewer. There are a number of ways that photographs can be captured using different tools and equipment, and also using different photography techniques. View history from the 1800’s to today with photography collections that exhibit such.
Photography Collections Stereo Views
A stereoview, or stereoscopic view is a three dimensional imaging. It is any technique capable of recording any three dimensional visual information or creating an illusion for the image in depth. This is used in a lot of photography in the past, and has come to be used more widely in the present. With the use of digital photography, it has also become an easier shot to take.
- Central Pacific Railroad Stereoview Photographic History Museum: These are classic photographs taken in the stereoview point of view. They provide an overview of the Central Pacific Railroad through collections of photographs taken over the years.
- Milwaukee County Stereoview Photography Collection: A deep look into the past of Milwaukee County using stereoview photographs for a lot of the scenes.
- The Stereoviews of Carleton Watkins: Various older photos incorporating stereoviews into each. Provides an in depth look into Carleton Watkins’s portfolio
- T. Enami Stereoview Photograph Collection: Vibrant photos by T. Enami the Japanese photographer using stereoview photography.
- Seattle Stereo Views Photograph Collection: Guide that provides the photographer and art admirer with various scenes made with stereoview photographer of Seattle.
- A Summer in Japan Stereoviews: Various stereoviews over the years that capture Japan in stereoview photography.
- A Visual History of Stereoscope: A walkthrough with stereoscopic pictures on the history and present times of stereoscopic photography.
- Martin Morrison’s Stereographic Photograph Collection: There are two different collections to browse through for stereographic photographs: Story County and Norway.
Photography Collections Lantern Slides
Lantern slides were used mostly in the past. This was because they are small images taken with a camera, and then projected from a projector to create moving works. Since the past, technology has advanced to create actual film movies. Slides were more popular in the past since filmed movies were not yet discovered.
- Brittingham Family Lantern Slide Collection: Various lantern slides of the Brittingham family from the past. Large collection with various sections.
- Berkeley Geography Collection of Magic Slides: This is an extremely large database of magic slides from Berkeley covering the entire world through various sections of the website.
- Magic Lantern Slide Collection: Large database of magic lantern slides that provide the viewer with a large collection. The artists are mostly Japanese.
- John Davidson Gallery: Lantern slide collections of wonderful scenic and botany sights. Other photography collections are also supplied on the site as well.
- American Baptist Historical Society: A look into the past through a lantern slide show presentation.
- Early Omaha: Gateway to the West Lantern Slide Show: Large collection of lantern slides that provide the viewer with a whole picture shows of the West.
- George Eastman House Lantern Slides: George Eastman’s large collection of lantern slides. Not only are these slides available, but other photography works of George Eastman are also presented on this website.
- Presenting the New York Public Library Lantern Slides: Various slides taken when the New York Public Library opened to the public. Captions below each slide.
Collection Guide: Photography from the 1800′s to Today
Moving forward from the 1800’s, photography collections have prospered and gained recognition for various achievements. Technology has advanced, and with it came new ways to capture portraits, scenery, objects, places, and other photo memories. Times have changed, and new photographers have come out to capture these pictures for the general public and their personal collections. There are a number of collection guides that allow you to see the advancement in the photography career.
- Pictures and Photography throughout the Years: Encyclopedia of pictures and photography throughout the years. Various styles and collections.
- Showmen’s Museum Photograph Collection: Various pictures of carnivals from the 1800’s to present day. Provides insight on the way carnivals have evolved over time.
- Bentley Historical Library: Past and present photographs are in a collection to present over the internet and also when you visit the library. From the 1800’s to today.
- Nebraska State Historical Society Photography Collection: From the 1800’s to today. Nebraska’s photography collection covers their entire state.
- Through the Lens of Time: An African American photography collection throughout time.
- Forest History Society: A timeline of Forest history through a collection of photographs.
- Kinton Grange History Photography Collection: Large database of Kinton Grange photos through the times from the late 1800’s to 2000’s.
Technology Collection of Photographic Equipment and Related Technologies
There are a number of photograph equipment pieces and related technologies that can be beneficial to the photographer. Having the correct supplies to take the desired pictures is essential. Without the equipment, the right photographs will not be able to be captured. There is equipment for every type of picture that is taken.
- Use of Panoramas and VR: Information regarding using panoramas and VR in different types of settings.
- Digital Photography Technology: The history and specifications of digital photography technology in the world today.
- Fine Art Photography: Samples, information, and equipment used in fine art photography in the photography world during present times.
- Stock Photos by Shutter Stock: Information regarding stock photos, and various samples of what stock photos are.
- Digital Pro Magazine: In depths look at digital photography, and learn new tips, tricks, and ideas to make your photos pop off the prints.
- Nikon USA: Information about photography and the latest camera models out there for the avid photographer.
- Jayce Ooi: Overview of technology of all kinds, including photography and the equipment used for it.
- Adapted Photography Products: Information on all things that were adapted for photography. Including the types and products used to take the photos with.